Only 335 days to go!
And with that, another NaNoWriMo has come and gone. Well done to all of you who took part! Even if you didn’t manage to hit the goal of 50,000 words, just spending several days in a row and committing to reaching a writing target is a challenge in and of itself, so congrats. Bring on next year!
Also with that, apparently, more than half of y’all don’t even know what NaNoWriMo is! At least among those who took part in last month’s poll:
Looks like we’ve got to learn you guys about it, and get you prepared to take part next year! Find out more here: https://nanowrimo.org/about-nano
This past month, I’ve been able to spend a lot more time actually working on both the Gens and the site in general, and have several little projects underway at the moment. My main focus has been the Plant Gen, and while I was hoping to have it ready to go today, there’s still more content I want to add to it, so I figured I should take more time with it and make sure that it’s fully built and tested, rather than rushed and lacking. It is very nearly done though.
Along with that, I also have some tweaks to the Country Gen in the works, along with the Colour Gen, and just need to do a bit more testing on the updated Novel Title Gen before I release that. My aim is to have all of these, and possibly a couple more, updated and ready to go by the end of the month. We’ll see though!
I made a few tweaks in relation to the ads. I’m aware that at some points, a particular set of ads was pasting itself over the Gen results, but I think I took care of that now; please let me know if the content still gets blocked and I’ll see what else I can do. In the meantime, I will continue to tweak to try and make the ad experience less intrusive. Thanks again to those of you who are sticking through the ads; you guys are a huge support.
I also started work on creating a Dark mode for the theme. Previously, with certain dark mode add-ons, instead of making the theme appear black with other, darker colours, it would make the site a horrible brown instead, with other random colours that just made the whole thing very offensive to look at.
The first step that I’ve completed so far should at least stop it from looking so fugly in the first instance. Later, once I’m done, we’ll be left with a slick dark theme that doesn’t look like a black bull ran about randomly in a paint shop. Hopefully.
Thank you all for your support!
My wonderful patrons: